Wednesday, March 23, 2011

OMG Sea Bass


OMG Sea Bass: Orange Marmalade Ginger Sea Bass


After a LONG day of classes and exams, an amazing guy friend of mine, Phillup Donnahue, had dinner waiting for me. Not going to lie, it felt amazing having a homemade dinner cooked for me, for a slight change. OMG! This piece of fish was hands down the best sea bass I have ever tasted, no exaggeration. I could not have done a better job myself. Since I had no part in this Bass, this is a complete chef spotlight on Sir Phillup. All details, ingredients and photos were provided by him. A girl can get used to this kind of treatment ;-).

Ingredients:


For the marinade;
I tblsp orange marmalade
2 garlic cloves - crushed
2 pieces of ginger (equiv to the cloves) - crushed
1/2 lime zested and juiced
salt & pepper - to taste

2, 8 ounce pieces of chilean sea bass, skinned
1 handful fresh spinach leaves
2 scallions, chopped (for garnish)

Procedure:

Combine marinade ingredients, and add a dash of water to spin it all together.


Line the bottom of the fish with spinach leaves. With a fork, spread the marinade evenly over both pieces of fish, (leave a little for the end) and let marinate in the fridge for 30 min.


Place in oven (preheated to 375) for 25 min or until desired firmness.

Garnish with scallions.

Suck it.
-Phillup Donnahue

No comments:

Post a Comment