Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sesame String Beans


Well hello there everyone, I'm finally back! Benefits of unemployment? One week vacations can turn into three week vacations quite easily. I have to say the vacation was wonderful, but I definitely missed being in my kitchen. I'm craving veggie-licious ness and lots of quinoa so first we'll get those recipes out of the way, and then I'll begin to prepare some vacation inspired meals. Ready? Let's get back to work!

Ingredients:

2 lbs string beans (also can use french beans)
1/2- 3/4 large red onion, chopped into thin wedges
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. fresh black pepper
1 tsp. white pepper
1/4 cup sesame seeds

Procedure:

First, trim the ends of string beans and give them a rinse and dry them well. Chop the red onion into thin wedges and mix those in with the string beans. Toss in olive oil, sesame oil, black & white pepper, salt and sesame seeds. Roast on 425 for about 20-25 minutes, checking the beans every 10 minutes and shaking up the tray a bit. I like to toast them a bit longer so they get super crunchy and become sort of like "french fries." Serves 6. Enjoy!

2 comments: